EDI Mapping Specialist
a) Prowess Software Services Pvt Ltd., Integration - Delivery
Prowess Software Services is a Global Digital Services company, focused on delivering digital services through innovation and implementation of agile and lean methodologies. Prowess enables its clients to stay at the forefront of technology through digital transformation and cloud enablement. Prowess is an official partner with Salesforce India, TIBCO Software, and Confluent. Our unique heritage gives us unrivaled real-world expertise to solve the most complex challenges of enterprises across industries. Each day, our team enables our clients to improve the effectiveness of their business and technology operations, and deliver value to customers, employees, and shareholders.
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The primary purpose of the role
IT EDI Mapping Specialist is responsible for analyzing mapping requirements, developing EDI maps, testing and supporting IT EDI/B2B solutions with external platforms of our trading partners (e.g. customers, suppliers, carriers) with internal business applications.
Main areas of focus and accountability of the role – detail in order of importance the main areas of accountability of the role:
1. Works with Solutions Owners, Solutions Analysts, Business Owners, and Customers to translate requirements into solutions to meet business needs.
2. Implements EDI/B2B solutions within IT projects meeting customer needs but also in line with overall standards and guidelines.
3. Review, manage, and support detailed designs based on documented requirements on EDI/B2B new requests and enhancements.
4. Consistent and reliable delivery execution of activities to defined service levels, schedules, and budget
5. Provide input for process efficiencies within the overall design
6. Provide expertise to the design process as requested
7.Responds to unfamiliar, undefined, unexpected, or unstable situations with the professionally prescribed standard response. Uses standard analytical tools and rules to determine root cause and resolve the broad range of application problems
8. Define delivery schedules and ensure execution to plan for assigned deliverables. Lead small-scale internal projects as necessary. Coordinate delivery across IT teams
9. Demonstrates command of and applies complex tools and systems. (knowledge)
10. Contributes towards technological developments within domain or technology (D&B includes Design, development, test
& deploy activities )
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
The knowledge, experience, and skills required to undertake the level at a fully competent level:
Education & Qualifications
B.Tech / M.Tech / MCA with 5+ years of technical hands-on experience EDI/B2B solutions
5+ years of technical hands-on experience in EDI/B2B solutions
Experience with SDLC (design, test, implementation, deployment, and management of applications
In-depth knowledge of functional capabilities in order to assess risk and apply quality control
Industry experience in B2B/EDI software – IBM Sterling B2Bi Map Editor
Experience working in a logistics (3PL) environment.
IBM WTX/ITX Mapper
Knowledge & Skills
Expertise in EDI Standards ANSI X12 and EDIFACT.
Strong knowledge of XML/XSLT, delimited and fixed length flat file structures.
Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong knowledge of communication protocols like SOAP, AS2, http / https, FTP / SFTP / FTPS / OFTP / Web Services.
Solid software engineering skills and willingness to learn new technologies
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Understanding of Enterprise Architecture Integration
Code of Business Conduct
Experience with SaaS – Software as a Service – IBM SCBN
Knowledge of DevOps and early life/warranty support
TIBCO Business Works, Business Connect, EMS/JMS, and IBM MQ server
SQL (any of Oracle, DB2, or SQL Server) proficient in queries
Ability to work on own initiative
Good team working skills
Good oral and written communication skills
Provide assistance to less senior staff members as necessary
Ability to work well as part of a team and prioritize work
Proven ability to work with a diverse technical workforce
Ability to interact and develop strong customer relationships
Experience in working within a co-located/distributed development team.
Good Presentation skills and ability to lead discussions.